Wednesday, June 20, 2007

reflecting on the year

I am in the midst of a relaxing and rejuvenating summer vacation but I was thinking about my students this morning. I have spent the last year teaching in an intermediate instructional classroom. My students were a wonderful group and I am lucky to have many of them again next year. Last year was easily the most challenging year of my life thus far. I had no idea the exhaustion I would experience mentally and physically. In many ways it was also the most gratifying experience. They really are an amazing group of students who helped to build a wonderful, supportive environment in the classroom. Here are some of my sweet students!

Basketball at Recess

The Whole Class

Lined Up

3 comments:

t said...

I am so glad your first year is over! And I'm even more glad that you found it so gratifying. Your students are so lucky to have you, B!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the lazy days of summer. You've earned every moment of relaxation. Do what you love & thanks for doing some of it with me. Last Monday was really fun.

Shelly said...

Hmm...what to do during a relaxing summer vacation???

I know! Come to Cincinnati and visit me!