Wednesday, October 10, 2007

geneva's labrynth

Over the weekend, Brooke and I had a little get away in Geneva, IL. "Little" because Geneva is hardly a stone throw away from the city and we only spent Sunday night there. It was a warm weekend in Chicagoland and I'm sure the same can be said elsewhere. So hot that I am sure Al Gore was somewhere in heaven smiling down knowing he has been right all along about this global warming thing.

What? Al Gore isn't dead or in heaven? He's not God? Well he sure had me fooled. Friends with Leo, won and Oscar, doesn't have to fight that Bin Laden guy. If not God then a very smart guy. Or a frog. Does anybody else see that? Just me? Huh. I really think he looks like a frog.

The first thing Brooke and I did when getting to lovely Geneva was find ourselves a place to eat. And the first thing I did there? Spill beer all over Brooke. Check that. Two beers. All over my beautiful wife. BUT, as the heavens and Al Gore may have it this weekend was my birthday and she HAD to keep loving me. Not that Brooke wouldn't have kept loving me. I have a very loving and caring wife but boy does the birthday thing help. Especially when there isn't an extra pair of blue jeans to change into when yours have been soaked with beer.

Geneva, albeit a cute little town, needs a little help in the diversity of their shops category. It is impossible to count the number of antique and trinket shops. Like the jar of beans at a county fair; an impossible guess and whatever you do guess more than likely you're going to be off by about 200. One shop, The Little Traveler (please click this link...though it hardly does the place justice), was the cake topper of all cake toppers. 36 rooms of stuff including a rooms pf hats, lamps, flowers, toys, food. Like a real life Dr. Seuss creation. Brooke and I were blending in like regular tourists until we started playing hide and seek.

Ok, we didn't play hide and seek but I thought about it and one day when we have little ones running about I will go back there and play the best game of hide and seek ever. Way better than those we currently play with our dog. She's such a bad hider.

UPDATE
Al Gore won the Nobel Peace Prize today and is anybody else not surprised? He's invincible. Probably disguised as a Earth loving, frog looking, Leo friending Terminator from the future. Next step, I suppose, is to not lose the White House again making him a mere mortal like the rest of us.

No comments: