Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Awareness Test

Last week I hopped off the el, onto my bike and stopped by the grocery store to pick up some things for the fish and chips I was going to make. In addition to the tartar sauce, cod and potatoes I picked up a couple boxes of mac and cheese. For those evenings when Brooke is at class and it's just Zelda and me.

I quickly made my rounds and hopped on my bike with a plastic bag of groceries hanging from the handle bar. I began to peddle my way home, trying to pay attention to my surroundings, cruising along at top speed, when CRACK! a car door swung open...luckily hitting only my oversized bag of groceries. Crunching a box of mac and cheese while amazingly sparing the glass bottle of tartar sauce. If I had been riding a few inches closer to the car it could have been much worse...which leads me to this. (don't worry, no puking cats)

3 comments:

Laura said...

No I didn't see the moon-walking bear! Glad to hear only your mac and cheese got hit; be careful out there!

blog author said...

I'm glad only the mac and cheese got smashed. And, hey! I actually counted 13 passes! I felt so smug... until I realized I missed a dorky moonwalking bear. -sigh-

Now for the most important question: was it Kraft or a generic mac and cheese?

Josh said...

Generic...but from Whole Foods. Does that still count?