Saturday, March 15, 2008

take a hike

The other day, when the temperature reached 35 for the first time in years, I took a stroll around town with my little point and shoot. One day I will invest in a nice digital SLR but for now I will make due with this and edit the crap out of the shots on the computer. I have learned that these days anybody can click there way into a good photo.

This is the el stop I hop on in the evening (Clinton/Lake). I like the teal color and the tube-like walkways. It reminds me of something that would be in the big, future predicting, Epcot golf ball structure.


More teal. My office building sits atop the Metra station for the western suburbs. Some days, after a week, I think it sure would be nice to be a train conductor. But if I'm being honest, really I just want to wear the conductor hat.


There are a lot of these downtown. Putting things up, knocking things down. This one in particular is building the new modern art wing at the Art Institute of Chicago.



Millennium Park. Howard Roark would be proud







2 comments:

t said...

good work, josh!

Laura said...

Cold day, but it looks like the sun was peeking out and you weren't trudging through puddles of melted, messy snow. Chicago sure looks sweet during the warmth of spring, but has lost its charm for now!