Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring

I'm on Spring Break from class at UIC and from work; I feel very lucky to still have built in vacations as part of my job. I suppose this is one of the perks of being in education! I have been indulging in late mornings, lattes, walks with Sadie, and time with friends. As a teacher there is an absurd amount of anticipation for each approaching break: President's Day, Good Friday, Christmas, summer; teachers literally count down the days. When I'm back to work on Monday there will without a doubt be a countdown to our next big break, summer. There is nothing better than the rejuvenation that a break from work brings but it is also a balance to learn to enjoy these vacations and still enjoy each day that leads up to them.

So my house is cleaner than it's been all month, Josh and I have spent some belated quality time together, I've caught up with dear friends, and Sadie is reveling in days outside with me rather than locked in the guest room. On Monday, I'll be bombarded by the smiling faces and hugs of my students accompanied by "I really missed you Mrs. Fosburg" really the best of both worlds!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

You forgot about Pulaski day!

I can't wait to live by you in 1 day!!!!!

Laura said...

You deserve the R&R. Yes, the BIG, FINAL COUNTDOWN begins on Mon. What is it?....9 weeks until the beautiful, prolonged vacation that is summer, our most favorite sweet season!