Wednesday, July 25, 2007

i walked the dog at noon today

For the past week I have been between jobs; meaning, I've gotten a taste of summer vacation again. I go to bed late (10:30, wild), wake up late (8am, crazy) and watch morning TV with Brooke (this should read "I watch Oprah"). It worked out well then that my family could come into town this past weekend. We watched the Cubbies win, ate some sushi at Coast, grilled steaks, golfed and went on an architecture tour. A tour is an enjoyable way to spend a summer afternoon and me, coming from Hudsonville, am still in awe of the skyscrapers. I grew up climbing (and falling) out of big trees. Those were tall but can't compare to the forest I live in now.

To top it all off, my neighbors picked up my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Sunday. I've had my nose in the book since and am almost finished and by almost finished I mean I have over 200 pages left.

Holy crap this is a long book.

2 comments:

t said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying your down time, Josh! I hope your new gig still allows you lots of blogging time!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Josh. There's no place better in the summer than Chicago! So happy for you that you've had this time off to enjoy the city.

Laura