Friday, August 24, 2007

an excuse to wear my headlamp around for the night

The other day it rained a lot in Chicago. The winds that came blew a lot too. They blew with intensity seen in hurricanes and our power went out. We bought some ice to save our condiments, went to dinner across the street because oddly enough they had power, and sweat like exercise as we tried to sleep. Things could have been a lot worse though. For the last two days downed trees and smashed cars have caught the attention of our sleepy little village. Neighbors step around the damage and say to others "boy, hope that wasn't your car." Thankfully, none of them were ours but I can only guess that if I still owned my Corolla it would have been just my luck to come home from work and find it smashed beneath a house or something.

2 comments:

Mike D said...

I am so glad you guys didn't get any damage from the storm. We've had 15 inches of rain so far this month...crazy.

p.s.
I use my headlamp to find dog poop at night. I look pretty cool while doing it...

Anonymous said...

I love the "headlamp"... it reminds me of when you and Whitie when spelunking... Always an attractive look.