Saturday, August 11, 2007

number one goal: stop renting

I just switched jobs and for the past two weeks I have been in intensive sales training. I now work for an IT consulting company in the city and had a lot to learn. Each day began with a quiz and the two weeks ended with a presentation. It felt like finals week and the last thing I wanted to do was say something to the internet. But finals week is done and now I get to do real work and blog again....right after an episode of The Hills.

Sometime last week I read a post on dooce.com about how much time it took her to hang her picture frames straight. This got me to thinking about the apartment Brooke and I live in. If you haven't been here, or even if you have, you may not know that our three flat was built by tiny little cross eyed elves. Leadman Elf, who was probably used to building trees and baking cookies, looked at a bubble level, tossed it to the side and said "eh, let's just eyeball it"...his little team of elfs all carrying little tiny elf hammers in little tiny elf toolbelts shouted in unison "what a great idea!" Photos are impossible to hang straight...I readjust a photo above the coffee pot every freakin morning. Dinner glasses look like they'll slide off the table and our balance is always out of equilibrium so when we step outside we just tip right over. It's so embarrassing.

2 comments:

t said...

i'm so glad you're back to the internets.

blog author said...

You are TOO funny!!!